I don’t think I’m alone when I say I like free things. When I was in Middle School, my teachers would have us write letters to companies, mostly to practice our writing skills, and some of the kids would actually get free stuff in the mail. I obviously was stupid enough to choose megagiants like Nintendo to write to, but now I’ve learned the secret. I’ve been in Italy for a week or so, so with no recipes to post, I thought I would share some tips and tricks of free crap letter writing. (Italy pictures coming soon, promise…)
- Be sure to talk about how much you love the product and how you want your friends to try it.
- If you ever have an issue with a product (my Kombucha kept exploding), keep the bottles or packaging. They will want upc codes and anything about the product.
- Email your issues!
- Follow any issue with a product compliment.
- If it’s a bigger company, go for the handwritten letter. They find those more quaint.
- Be super friendly and use a ton of exclamation points.
So far I’ve received coupons/merch from Zico, Vitacoco, GT’s Synergy Drinks, Jimmy Dean, American Airlines….the list goes on. So now pull out your inner cheap skate and go for it!